Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.):
The B.Sc. (Non-medical) Program at NBGSM College aims to provide rigorous education in the fundamental areas of scientific knowledge and experimentation. The program is sufficiently flexible in its electives to provide an excellent preparation for careers in many different areas of scientific endeavors. The course is designed to provide an education based on science both for students planning to go on to graduate study, and for those intending to immediately pursue professional careers in science or an allied field in which sound knowledge is important.
The goal of this program is not only to make them acquaint with the scientific knowledge but also to encourage students to become active members within the academic community. Interaction between undergraduates, faculty, and graduate students is strongly promoted through class and laboratory contact, counselling, and through more informal functions.
Duration: 3 Years
No one shall be eligible to join the first semester of B.Sc. unless he/she has passed one of the following examinations with atleast 45% marks for admission to B.Sc. Sem-I (minimum pass marks in case of SC/ST candidates):
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani.
Diploma in Pharmacy Course (Sem-I only)
3-Year professional diploma programmes conducted by the State Board of Technical Education Haryana without-passing English and Hindi subjects at 10+2 level for admission to B.Sc. courses.
Any other examination recognised by the University as equivalent thereto.
English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Scope of the BSc course:
This course enables the Students to take up advanced studies in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and can find opportunities in:
a) Higher Education
• M.Sc in the respective disciplines in many prestigious institutions all over India and abroad.
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Computer Applications.
b) Career prospective
• Teaching in schools & colleges where any of the science subjects is a discipline
• Indian Administrative Services and other state and central Govt. Services where knowledge of science subjects is a definite advantage especially at the entrance examinations.
• In C.A /ICWA/GRE/GMAT etc. leading to very rewarding and self-satisfactory careers.
• Careers in Science and Technology and Management where a high level of competence and dependence on many of the science subjects is demanded.